Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Year, New Job!

Oh, for those who I haven't had a chance to chat with yet - my job is going wonderfully. Today was my second day. First day was new employee orientation. Believe it or not, it was fun! We split up in groups and did activities together as teams. I was amazed at how many people do NOT like pubic speaking. In a class of 30+ it was like pulling teeth to get 95% of the others to initiate conversation, especially in front of the others. I realized I don't have anxiety when it comes to speaking in groups and found myself stopping myself from speaking up because I wanted others to have the opportunity...although it usually meant silence.

Overall I give T-mobile at "A+" for the perks and benefits the company offers their employees. Not only do we have really great, low cost health care but they offer childcare subsidy and a flexible and dependent care spending account that allows all your money spent on these things to be deducted prior to being taxed. Nice that it puts me in a lower tax bracelet. Plus free bus passes, $40 a month if you carpool, discounts and Circuit city, Costco, etc. to name a couple. Not to mention the awesome calling plans and discounted phones and accessories. Plus they are insistent that they pay you for EVERY minute you are there and you are required to document every minute you are on the clock, or if you take a business phone call on your lunch so you do not go unpaid. Do you know how many companies I've worked overtime for and never saw a dime!?! So I'm lovin' it! I get to be creative and use my own judgment for decorating our floor and am responsible for buying a Wii for our break room to go with our flat screen plasma t.v. to play on breaks. Thinking of arranging boxing matches amongst fellow co-workers. Everyone has been very friendly! I am blessed to get to work with my great friend Heather and another friend Becca. Tomorrow Heather and I are hitting the gym together and Friday the three of us are having lunch together.

So, 2008 has started off on a great path and I am thanking the man above for that. Keep my family in your prayers and I'll do the same.

God bless ya all ~

Nic

No comments: